In the travel industry, Amex Travel powered by American Express is the best; it provides more than just a booking platform. We’ll explore what makes Amex Travel special, how it operates, and why so many travelers choose it in this in-depth guide.
Amex Travel, short for American Express Travel, transcends the conventional definition of a travel agency. It’s a comprehensive suite of services provided by American Express, tailored to cater to the diverse needs of modern travelers. From flight bookings to hotel reservations and curated travel packages, Amex Travel positions itself as a one-stop solution for all your travel requirements.
Earning and redeeming Amex Membership Rewards points
You can access the Amex Travel portal and pay for flights, hotels and other travel needs with cash as long as you have an American Express branded credit card, but you will need one that earns Membership Rewards (MR) points to view the number of MR points required for a booking.
Luckily, American Express has several travel rewards cards that you can earn lucrative welcome offers to help you get started:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® points after spending $8,000 within the first six months of card membership.
- American Express® Gold Card: Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $6,000 on eligible purchases with your new card within the first 6 months of card membership.
- American Express® Green Card: Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn 20% back on eligible travel and transit purchases made during your first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back in the form of a statement credit.
- Blue Business® Plus Credit Card from American Express: Earn 15,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $3,000 in eligible purchases on the card within your first 3 months of card membership.
- The Business Platinum Card from American Express: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 in eligible purchases on the card within your first 3 months of card membership.
- American Express® Business Gold Card: Earn 70,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 in eligible purchases on the card within your first 3 months of card membership.
Like many other travel credit cards, eligible cards from Amex may offer travel insurance benefits to cardholders. The most common travel insurance perks available with Amex cards include:
- Baggage insurance plan: This coverage can help you get reimbursement when your bags are lost or stolen while in the care of a common carrier like an airline or a cruise line. The amount of coverage you get varies by card, and you have to charge the cost of travel with the common carrier to your card for protection to apply.
- Secondary auto rental coverage: Some Amex cards also offer secondary auto rental coverage that can apply after you utilize the limits on your primary insurance policy. That said, you can also purchase premium auto rental coverage through Amex as well.
- Trip delay coverage: This coverage from Amex cards can reimburse you for expenses that occur when your trip is delayed for a long enough period of time, typically six or 12 hours. That said, the coverage amount and terms depend on the Amex card you have.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance: This insurance coverage can help you get reimbursed for some or all of your prepaid, non-refundable trip costs when your trip must be canceled or interrupted due to an illness or injury in your traveling party, a natural disaster or another covered issue. Coverage amounts vary by card type.
In conclusion, Amex Travel isn’t just a booking platform; it’s a tailored experience crafted for those who seek more from their journeys. Whether you’re a frequent traveler or an occasional explorer, Amex Travel offers a realm of possibilities that extend beyond traditional travel agencies.
4. Are there special considerations for business travelers using Amex Travel?
Yes, Amex Travel offers tailored solutions and additional benefits for business travelers.
5. Can I book international travel through Amex Travel?
Absolutely, Amex Travel has a global presence, providing options for international travel.