In a world where education plays a pivotal role in shaping the future, global academic scholarships stand as beacons of opportunity for aspiring students worldwide. These scholarships, ranging from merit-based to need-based, not only alleviate financial burdens but also empower individuals to pursue their academic dreams.
In this article, we will explore Global Scholarships from the university of Adelaide, its eligibility criteria etc.
Global Academic Scholarships
The 2021-2025 University of Adelaide Global Academic Scholarships is a highly competitive award that rewards commencing undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their previous studies.
Scholarship recipients will receive a 50% reduction toward international tuition fees when commencing at the University of Adelaide in 2024.
This scholarship is based on academic merit and eligibility is determined by the merit achieved in the qualification which constitutes the basis of admission.
- Available for students commencing in the period between 2021-2025;
- Available for commencing direct-entry international undergraduate and postgraduate coursework students, including those who are required to undertake a Pre-Enrolment English Program (PEP) prior to their degree commencement;
- Open to citizens of any country (except Australia and New Zealand);
- Available for study in any discipline.
- The selection process for The 2021-2025 University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarships is competitive, with academic achievement forming the main basis for scholarship selection. As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will consider applicants who have achieved an academic level on par with the following:
- For undergraduate programs: Raw ATAR of 98 OR its equivalent
- For postgraduate coursework programs: A GPA 6.8 out of 7 OR its equivalent.
The following applicants are not eligible to receive these scholarships:
- Current University of Adelaide students who are transferring from one program to another prior to successful completion of their program of study (internal transfers);
- Students who are recipients of a scholarship covering tuition fees awarded by a recognised scholarship awarding body such as a government ministry or department;
- Applicants for Masters by Research or PhD programs.
- Applicants for certain programs; see the scholarship terms and conditions for a list of excluded degrees.
Each Faculty will award only two scholarships of a 50% reduction of the tuition fee to the applicant in their faculty
How to Apply
- Eligibility for the scholarship is determined during a selection process at the time of application to the award program with the University of Adelaide.
- This scholarship is based on academic merit and a selection process. The academic merit is determined by the merit achieved in the qualification which constitutes the basis of admission to the University. The academic component for admission to the University of Adelaide and all other conditions must be complete or met to be eligible to be considered for the scholarship (Unconditional).
- Applicants identified as meeting the minimum merit requirement for the scholarship will have their application reviewed by the Scholarship Selection Committee if their application for the coursework program has been received prior to the closing dates outlined below.
In conclusion, Global Academic Scholarships are not just financial aids; they are enablers of dreams, fostering a globally connected and educated society.
1. What is a Global Academic scholarship?
The Global Academic Scholarship is an annual tuition fee discount for the normal full-time duration of the awardee’s course as specified in their letter of offer.
2. How do you get a Global Excellence scholarship?
3. What documents are commonly required for scholarship applications?
Commonly required documents include academic transcripts, recommendation letters, and a well-crafted personal statement.
4. How can I stand out in a competitive scholarship application pool?
Showcase your unique strengths, experiences, and aspirations in a compelling manner through your application materials.
5. How does Global Academic Scholarships contribute to societal development?
Global Academic Scholarships empower individuals, fostering a highly educated society that positively impacts global development.