Hinge works by extracting your location from your device GPS service and uses this information to improve its features and services. If you’re going to another country anytime soon, and you want your account to display your current country, having the ability to change or hide your Hinge location is what you need. But how is this done?
Hinge’s main features involve the use of your phone’s location to serve you based on your interests. Hinge after it knows where you are makes suggestions to you on that location. The app is now more convenient and easy to use, and it connects you to your current location. This means that your location determines information Hinge displays on your home feeds.
How to Change/Hide Location on Hinge App
Follow these steps to use Hinge app/website to Change your Location on Hinge:
1. Open Hinge on your device and go to Settings.
2. Select your profile and then tap on Settings
3. Tap on Location depending on the device you are using.
4. Tap on Location and add the new location you want to use.
5. Save the changes.
One way to change your location is by using a VPN app on your device. VPN apps are widely used for location change, because they are very convenient as it doesn’t require going through Hinge settings. So, if you prefer not to use the above method to change your location on Hinge, there are other ways available that are free.
These methods are unofficial and are therefore no assurance as to whether Hinge will try to counter them by reverting you back to your original location. However, they are generally reliable. Let’s take a look at what these methods are.
How to Change Location on Hinge With VPN
1. Download any VPN app of your choice once you’ve done your research and picked your VPN provider, select your subscription, download the app and install the VPN.
2. Set up the VPN by entering your credentials, and you’re all set.
3. Click the “Quick connect” button and the app will find the best server for you. You can also click on a country pin to connect to that particular country or scroll down the server list and pick the one you want to connect to.
4. After connecting your device, click Start on the main screen to see your device’s current location.
Change Your Hinge Location on Router
You can also install a VPN on your Wi-Fi router to protect every device connected to it. This way, you can share your account with family members, turn on a VPN on their gadgets, and protect them from online threats.
To get a VPN service on multiple devices, You can connect the devices with one VPN account. While there are dedicated VPN apps for most popular operating systems, some gadgets will need to be configured manually. You can contact your VPN service provider’s support.
How to Turn off/Hide Location on Hinge
There is an option in Hinge to turn off the location on both Android and iOS. For that, go to Settings, scroll down until you find the Hinge app. Once you find it, tap on it and select a location. There are 4 options that you can use to control the access. You can use the “never” option to disable the location access from Hinge. To re-enable it, you need to follow the same procedure.
Hinge location is the feature that allows you to see where your friends are. It also allows those on your list to see your location when turned on.
However, more people are worried about their privacy when using the app, it’s understandable to not want Hinge to track your location. Even if it’s not using the information outside its services, you may not feel comfortable with an app tracking your movement all the time. So, Hinge allows you to hide or change your location.