Do you know how to make a video call on IMO Messenger? Here is a step by step guide which you can follow. But before you go for it make sure you have a strong Internet connection.
A poor or improperly configured connection might result in poor video and audio quality. If you’re connected to Wi-Fi, then your video call quality is dependent on your wireless network signal and network data speed.
How to Make and Receive IMO Video Call
On both iPhone and Android, you can start a video call from the IMO Calls tab or from the Chat tab.
To make a video call from the Calls tab
1. Tap the Calls tab, located at the bottom of the screen on iPhone and at the top on Android.
2. Tap the New call button, shaped like a phone. It’s at the top on iPhone and at the bottom on Android.
3. In your list of contacts, find the person you want to call. Tap the video button at the far right of the screen to place the call.
To start a video call from the Chats tab
1. Tap the Chats tab, located at the bottom of the screen on iPhone and at the top on Android.
2. In your list of chat messages, find and tap the chat for the person you want to talk to.
3. At the top of the chat page, tap the video button to start the video call.
How to Change Between IMO Video and Voice Calls
You can switch between voice and video on a IMO call already in progress.
To switch from a voice call to a video call
1. Tap the Video button at the bottom of the screen, shaped like a video camera. It’s always visible on Android, but you might need to tap the iPhone screen (or click the desktop screen) to make the controls appear first.
2. The other party will get notified you are switching to video. If your contact chooses to switch, then it becomes a video call. If the other party does nothing or declines the video, it reverts back to a voice call.
To switch from a video call to a voice call
1. Tap the Cancel video button (the video with a slash through it). This disables your video.
2. The other party sees a message that you’ve turned off your video. If he or she also taps the Cancel video button, the call reverts to a voice call. If not, it stays a video call with only one party’s video disabled.
You can switch back and forth between voice and video calls as many times as you like in a call.
Missed Calls on IMO
If you previously tapped Ignore to defer a video call or you didn’t respond at all, you can still join the video call as long as it’s still in progress.
1. Tap the Calls tab.
2. If the call is still in progress, you’ll see a banner for the call. Tap it to open the call menu screen.
3. Tap Join.