The Gates Scholarship 2023/2024 for Study in USA
Applications are currently invited from eligible candidates for the 2023/2024 application phase of The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program targeted at a certain set of domestic and international students to study in the United States. This scholarship is available to high school seniors from low-income households.
Ad powered by advergic.com
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) is a highly selective, last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to exceptional student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): The Gates Scholarship (TGS)
Host Institution(s): US accredited Institutions.
Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduates
Nationality: Domestic & International Students
The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program | DETAILS
Scholars will receive funding for the full cost of attendance that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
Applicants are expected to meet the following conditions for The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program for Domestic and International Students:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American
- A US citizen, national, or permanent resident
- In good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Additionally, a student must plan to enrol full-time, in a four-year degree program, at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private or public college or university.
- For American Indian/Alaska Native, proof of tribal enrolment will be required.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- An outstanding academic record in high school (in the top 10% of his/her graduating class)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities)
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
You May Also Like: Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2024 (Fully-Funded)
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants seeking for The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program should sign in to apply online by filling in and submit the required details.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023