Blackboard Aston is a web-based course management program that enables Aston University to create online courses, add assignments, and keep an eye on your students’ progress. It also allows the staff to communicate with the students and encourage communication between them online.
The Aston Blackboard supports a range of media to present or link to learning materials, support the learners and to assess their learning. Using the course forums, students and teachers can discuss topics and share ideas. It provides grades in an electronic format to students.
Blackboard Aston can be logged on computers and mobile phones. To access the student Blackboard Learn, type in your Aston first username & password and click Log in. You can also access Blackboard by visiting the school website. Hover mouse over QUICK LINKS and click Blackboard under Logins.
How to Log Into Blackboard Aston
To access blackboard Learn,
1. Go to Aston website at vle.aston.ac.uk or open the blackboard app.
2. Select “Student Login”
2. Enter your Aston username.
3. Enter your password.
4. Then, click on “Login” to access your courses.
Note: Clicking on the My Courses link in the header of the page
displays all your courses.
Once you login to your Blackboard account you can manage your courses and timetable, update your details, make payments, and get more help for your academic activities.
You can use the student portal on the Aston official page to search to find out the content, timings, fees, and teaching details of the courses you want to take for your program.
How to Log Into Aston Email
The institution sends all official messages such as your exam timetable and results) to your student email, which means that it’s very easy to receive information when you need it. Fortunately, you can access your Aston email account from any network and from anywhere in the world. You just need internet access on your device.
1. To Log into Aston email first login to the student portal or click on this link to visit the email page on the Aston official website.
2. Once you log in, click on “My email”.
3. Click on the Student id tab and type your Student ID number.
4. In the Password box enter your current network password.
How Do I Check My Grades?
1. To check your grades for all of your courses
2. Log into the Blackboard
3. Select the arrow next to your name in the upper-right corner.
4. Click My Grades, From there you can sort your grades by All Courses or Last Graded.
5. To view the grades for a particular course, select the My Grades link on the course menu or on the Tools page.
The Aston University Grades are computed on a semester by semester basis. The formula for calculating the GPA grade is the following:
1. A+ = Excellent performance in all respects.
- Percentage = 85–100%.
- Mid-point = 92.5.
2. A = Excellent performance in almost all respects.
- Percentage = 80–84%.
- Mid-point = 82.
3. A- = Very good, some aspects excellent but others not
- Percentage = 75–79%.
- Mid-point = 77.
4. B+ = Very good, some aspects excellent but others not.
- Percentage = 70–74%.
- Mid-point = 72.
5. B = Good performance overall.
- Percentage = 65–69%.
- Mid-point = 67.
6. B- = Good performance overall.
- Percentage = 60–64%.
- Mid-point = 62.
7. C+ = Work satisfactory overall, strengths outweigh weaknesses.
- Percentage = 55–59%.
- Mid point = 57.
8. C = Work satisfactory overall, strengths outweigh weaknesses.
- Percentage = 50–54%.
- Mid-point = 52.
9. D = Poor performance overall, weaknesses outweigh strengths.
- Percentage = 40–49%.
- Mid-point = 45.
10. E = Well below the standard required.
Percentage = 0–39%.
The CGPA is calculated at the end of two (2) or more semesters.
B+ is equivalent to 87% to 89%. It’s also equivalent to a 3.3 GPA. Because it indicates good performance, B+ students are Second Class Upper and have good chances of making first class if the student intensifies his or her effort.
How to Use Aston Library Online
The Aston Gives a comfortable study environment and offers a number of excellent learning resources, collections of information sources, and access to experts’ help, advice, and recommendations.
Students can sign in to their Library Account online to renew any books they have borrowed (online), check the details of any books they have borrowed over the last couple of months, or check the status of any book reservations they have made.
To login the library you can:
- Log in using your Aston username and password.
- Log in using your ID card number and library PIN.
Aston students who have failed the same course on two occasions will not normally be permitted to enroll again for that course. A further enrolment requires the permission of the relevant Associate Dean.
If you want to drop your degree or major Aston, you’ll need a Course Add/Drop form from the Faculty Student success team. You should discuss your options first with a Student Advice
Aston teaching timetable will show you the date, time and location of the lectures, seminars, and workshops you are due to attend this coming semester.
The examination Aston timetable is available via the examination timetable tool. The final examination timetable will be sent to students prior to the applicable examination by post and will contain the following a list of the study units in which students qualify for admission to write examinations and other course materials.
1. Log in to the Aston account with your Aston ID and password.
2. Scroll to the Student menu.
3. Choose Admissions.
4. Click on Check My Application Status.
Aston provides applicants and new, current, and returning students online access to their student information. It can be found below the “My Resources” tab at the top of the homepage. Inside the student portal you’ll find Personal Information, Student Information, and Financial Aid.