You can login to Edmodo as a teacher, student and parent, all you need is to switch between a teacher and parent account on our iOS and Android apps using the Account Switcher feature. From the web, you will need to log out of your teacher account and sign back in as a parent.
Edmodo allows teachers to work with the class students from home, including providing activities for students, dealing out classwork, and sharing lessons online. Edmodo let educators use the app to encourage positive student behavior. It also involves parents, they get to join in on the platform and can even serve as parts of different classes.
Edmodo Sign up as a Teacher
An Edmodo Teacher can create a classroom account with email address, Google account or Apple ID:
1. Go to the Edmodo website and click Sign Up in the top right corner.
2. Click on ‘Teacher Account’ button.
3. Choose your location by using the drop down menu.
4. Fill in your email and password then click Create your account.
5. Check your inbox to verify your email in order to continue setting up your account.
6. Return back to your Edmodo sign up page after verifying your email address.
7. Customize your account’s Profile name by entering your first and last name.
Edmodo Sign up as a Student
1. Get a join Class, Group, or School Code from your teacher.
2. Go to www.edmodo.com and click Sign Up in the top right corner.
3. Select I’m a student on the Edmodo homepage under the sign-up section.
4. Choose your country from the drop-down menu
5. Enter on the online registration form with the required Class/Group Code, your birthday, and parent email address.
6. Students that are below the age of 13 are required to sign up with a unique username and password. It also needs parental approval and verification.
Now you should see the groups and class you are a part of on the left menu bar. You can also create your account with your Google, Microsoft or Apple details.
How to log into Edmodo?
Edmodo login page allows the students, teachers and parent to to sign in to their various account and join the online classroom and community on New Edmodo. It requires your identification and authentication which you provide by entering your username and password.
How to Login to Student Account on Edmodo
1. Navigate to Edmodo.com and click on ‘Login’ at the top right corner.
2. Select how you want to sign in from the options: Continue with Google, continue with Microsoft, continue with Apple or with email.
3. If you are using email or phone number, enter the email/number on the box below.
4. Enter your password.
5. Enter your Class Code and click ‘Login’.
Edmodo Student Password Reset
If you can’t login to your Edmodo account, you can reset your password by using the ‘Forgot password’ link. Parent can also reset their children’s password from the Settings page on the web or the mobile apps.
To change password as a Parent:
1. Login to your Parent account.
2. Click on your Profile Picture.
3. Select Settingsfrom the drop-down menu.
4. Select Students from the left tab.
5. Click on the Reset Password button.
6. Create a new password for the student’s account. If your student forgot their username, it is found in the same settings.
Your Edmodo username is your name that is saved in the Edmodo database and other users use it to identify you, while your username is your handle. It’s the name that’s used to customize your profile URL.
Edmodo Class Code
Edmodo Class Codo a unique number which the Teacher can provide to students to join the class lessons. If the ClassCode is not locked by the teacher/admin, you’ll see it in your account page. But if it’s locked, then you’ll be added to an approval queue and must wait for your teacher to approve your join request.
To find your school code:
1. Go to to your Org Admin portal.
2. Click on the Manage tab.
3. Choose Schools on the left side panel.
4. Scroll down to the list of schools.
5. Click on your school, the School code will be added next to the school’s name.
How To Find Your Student Class Code on Edmodo
The classroom sign in code is designed for Edmodo to use and join the classrooms learning. No usernames/passwords are required. Students sign in using the QR Class Code or Text Class Code. Students choose their name from the class list to add items to their journal.
Teachers choose whether students sign in to Edmodo by scanning a Student Code or logging in with their Email Address, Google Account or Apple ID. Tap the Icon then Class Settings > Student Sign in Mode to change your student sign in mode at any time.
If you using Edmodo at home and don’t have an email address or Google Account, Your teacher should send you the Home Learning Code.
1. Open the Edmodo class app.
2. Tap ‘I’m a Student.’
3. Tap the blue ‘Scan Code’ button OR scan the QR for the class.
4. Students choose their name from the list, and you can make a post.
Was this article helpful?