TikTok works by extracting your location from your device’s GPS service and uses this information to improve its features and services. If you’re going to another country anytime soon, and you want your account to display your current country, having the ability to change your TikTok location is what you need. But how is this done?
TikTok’s main features involve the use of your phone’s location to serve you based on your interests. TikTok after it knows where you are and makes suggestions to you on that location. The app is now more convenient and easy to use, and it connects you to your current location. This means that your location determines the information TikTok displays on your home feeds.
How to Change Location on TikTok App
Follow these steps to use TikTok app/website to Change your Location on TikTok:
1. Open TikTok on your device and go to Settings.
2. Select your profile and then tap on Settings
3. Tap on Location depending on the device you are using.
4. Tap on Location and add the new location you want to use.
5. Save the changes.
One way to change your location is by using a VPN app on your device. VPN apps are widely used for location change because they are very convenient as it doesn’t require going through TikTok settings. So, if you prefer not to use the above method to change your location on TikTok, there are other ways available that are free.
These methods are unofficial and are therefore no assurance as to whether TikTok will try to counter them by reverting you back to your original location. However, they are generally reliable. Let’s take a look at what these methods are.
How to Change Location on TikTok With VPN
1. Download any VPN app of your choice once you’ve done your research and picked your VPN provider, select your subscription, download the app and install the VPN.
2. Set up the VPN by entering your credentials, and you’re all set.
3. Click the “Quick connect” button and the app will find the best server for you. You can also click on a country pin to connect to that particular country or scroll down the server list and pick the one you want to connect to.
4. After connecting your device, click Start on the main screen to see your device’s current location.
Change Your TikTok Location on Router
You can also install a VPN on your Wi-Fi router to protect every device connected to it. This way, you can share your account with family members, turn on a VPN on their gadgets, and protect them from online threats.
To get a VPN service on multiple devices, You can connect the devices with one VPN account. While there are dedicated VPN apps for the most popular operating systems, some gadgets will need to be configured manually. You can contact your VPN service provider’s support.
How to Turn Off Location on TikTok
There is an option in TikTok to turn off the location on both Android and iOS. For that, go to Settings, and scroll down until you find the TikTok app. Once you find it, tap on it and select a location. There are 4 options that you can use to control the access. You can use the “never” option to disable the location access from TikTok. To re-enable it, you need to follow the same procedure.
TikTok location is the feature that allows you to see where your friends are. It also allows those on your list to see your location when turned on.
However, more people are worried about their privacy when using the app, so it’s understandable to not want TikTok to track your location. Even if it’s not using the information outside its services, you may not feel comfortable with an app tracking your movement all the time. So, TikTok allows you to change your location.