There are times when you are no longer happy with your current name on Clubhouse and would rather prefer a new one. Like other popular apps, Clubhouse offers a way to change your name. Although all you could do was change your display Name.
You have the option to change your actual username without having to delete your account. So, if you’re wondering can I change my Clubhouse username, read on to find out how you can do that.
You can change your Clubhouse name through the Profile section of your account and the Display Name, or Name, is what people see on Clubhouse when they click on your profile.
1. Go to the Clubhouse website and sign in to your account.
2. Click on the down arrow icon in the top right corner of your screen to open a menu.
3. Click the “Settings & privacy” cog icon.
4. Click the “Settings” cog icon to go to “General profile settings.”
5. Next to “Name,” click “Edit.”
6.Enter your new name, then click “Review Change.”
7. Arrange your name according to how you want it to be displayed — either your full first, middle, then last name; just your first and last name; or your surname, middle, then first name. Then enter your Clubhouse password and click “Save changes.
How to Change Clubhouse Name On Android App
1. Firstly, you need to review Clubhouse name standards.
2. In the top right of Clubhouse, tap.
3. Scroll down and tap Settings & privacy, then tap Settings.
4. Tap Personal and account information.
5. Tap Name.
6. Enter your name and tap Review change.
7. Enter your password and tap Save changes.
Changing Your Clubhouse Name on iPhone (iOS) App
1. Open Clubhouse app on your iOS device.
2. Tap the hamburger menu icon in the bottom right corner of the app.
3. Scroll down and select Settings & Privacy and tap Settings.
4. Select Personal and account information under Account.
5. Next, tap Name and make the changes.
6. Tap Review Change to choose the display format for your name.
7. Enter your Clubhouse password and hit Save Changes to confirm.
In case you do not find the “Change username” option even after updating Clubhouse, you could try force closing the app and clearing the cache.
It’s a good idea to check for spelling mistakes before saving the change, as well as make sure you’re happy to stick with your new name for a while as Clubhouse may ban your account if you continue to change your name all the time. It also won’t allow symbols, numbers, unusual capitalisation, or punctuations.
Although it’s possible and quite easy to change your username on Clubhouse, we wouldn’t suggest it unless it’s absolutely important. If you made a mistake the first time, then you probably would want to make the change. On the other hand, changing your Display name is totally fine.