Teachers enroll their students in Nearpod by using a class code. The Nearpod join code is a unique series of letters and numbers that identifies a particular course. By entering this code into the Nearpod website or app, a student can enroll themself in the course with ease. Your teacher can tell you the class code, and as a student, you need to join the lesson with a computer or smartphone.
Meanwhile, Nearpod is an educational technology platform for schools and teachers. Nearpod lets teachers share content, distribute quizzes, and assignments, and manage communication with students, colleagues, and parents. It offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.
Nearpod Teachers can have access to the Nearpod learning materials by creating an account and generating the join code. Here we’ll guide you on how to use the Nearpod class.
How to Create a Nearpod Teacher Account
There are four (4) different ways a teacher can sign up for Nearpod: By using school email, the school’s Google account, Office 365, With Clever, or ClassLink.
Signing up with a platform such as Google is secure and it reduces the burden of login for your users, by enabling you to use one unique password for all your account. It has a big attraction to use a third party to create a Nearpad account. this implies that you’ll have one less password to keep. If you’re already signed in to any of your accounts, the setup is even faster.
To create a teacher account with school email:
1. Go to website at https://nearpod.com/ or open the app.
2. Click on ‘Sign up for FREE’ button on the top right of the home page.
3. Enter your first and last name.
4. Enter your school email address.
5. Then create a password for your class.
6. Confirm that you are not a robot and accept Nearpod terms and conditions.
7. Confirm your details and click ‘Sign up’.
To get a Nearpod code as a teacher, click on the blue “Launch new” button at the top and a new code will be generated. You can then share it with your students, and repeat it if additional codes are required.
How to Use Nearpod Join Code As a Student
Students join a Nearpod to access the online lessons, videos, and activities while their teachers on the other hand monitor their student understanding to guide activities to meet student needs. Teachers can let a student join Nearpod in different ways.
Students join Nearpod class through their teacher’s shared codes, web links, or through a school’s learning management system. Teachers can interact with students in Nearpods with any device, any system, and iOS or Android applications.
1. Students can go to https://nearpod.com/student/, or open the Android or iOS app, and enter the five-character code provided by the teacher.
2. Enter the code or click on a link to join a lesson, you’ll see the screen below and use either student name validation or click “Join as a Guest”. If you have the lesson setting turned on “Enable student names to autofill”, students will not see the “Join as a Guest” option.
3. If you are joining from an LMS, like Canvas or Schoology, ClassLink, Google Classroom, or Teams, or if a link is shared in another way, you’ll simply click on the link and be taken into the lesson.
Nearpod Teachers Login
You can access Nearpod through a browser on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device. Keep in mind that Nearpodworks best on Google Chrome. Download the app for your iOS device or for your Android device.
Go to Nearpod.com and click go to Login. Enter the email address for your Classroom account and click Next. Enter your password and click Next. If there is a welcome message, review it and click Accept.
Nearpod is continually growing, so new subjects and videos are added regularly. You can learn and read at your own pace. They can fast forward, rewind, repeat videos, and stop and work out a problem on their own, all without having to wait for other students.
With Nearpod teachers can assign assignments that go along with the topics they are teaching at the time, either as a way to help students learn faster. Once the educator has a Nearpod account lesson code is generated for students to use and join the lesson online.