HKCC Moodle is an open-source learning management system that is used by Hong Kong Community College to deliver blended and online courses to students. This page contains instructions on using Moodle.
Using the HKCC Moodle student site is simple. The Moodle administrator can decide how you can access the site. Some HKCC teachers do not allow guests and may decide to give each student a username and password before they can access the Moodle site.
HKCC Moodle Login
Students can access all of their courses online through the HKCC virtual learning environment. The Moodle can be reached by logging in through HKCC official website:
1. Visit the Moodle Login page by going to the HKCC website at www.itu.cpce-polyu.edu.hk
2. Click ‘Agree and sign on to Moodle’.
3. Fill in your Student User ID and press ‘Next’
4. Enter your Password and click Sign in or Click Enter.
The Dashboard displays, containing a list of links to all your Moodle courses. Once your personal dashboard on HKCC opens it gives you access to the following links, skills, badges, calendar, and the others related to your learning.
Depending on the arrangement of your Moodle LMS, the site home presents a lot of learning data.
To Sign out of Moodle, click on your name at the top right of the page, and click Sign out.
HKCC Moodle App
You can also login to HKCC Moodle by using the Moodle app. The app allows students to access their courses and groups on smartphones. You can submit assignments, participate in discussions, and view grades and course materials by using your phones.
The Moodle Student app is available for both Android and iOS devices. If you are using an Android device on the Google Play Store and you are an iOS user download the Moodle app from App Store. Here is how to install the app and access HKCC Moodle Learn on phone:
1. On your device, open Google Play Store or App Store.
2. Search or browse for the Moodle app on the search bar.
4. Select “Moodle Student” when the result appears
5. Select Install and wait for a few minutes for it to finish downloading.
1. Open the Moodle app on your phone.
2. If you haven’t signed up you can register your site for free on the Moodle Apps portal.
3. Login with your HKCC username and password. These are typically the same credentials you use to access your Moodle courses on a computer.
You can also use the app to search for the full name of your school. If you’re unable to find your school, contact HKCC IT help desk.
HKCC Moodle Course
Once you’re logged in on the HKCC Moodle, the dashboard opens. You’ll see a list of Moodle courses is visible in the My courses block (top right) and in the Navigation tab. To open the Moodle course page, select a Moodle course from the list. here is how to view your courses
1. Sign in to Moodle.
2. Courses that you have access to will appear on your dashboard.
3. Tap on the name of the course. The course home page displays.
If you have a problem accessing your HKCC course, go to the Moodle dashboard to learn more about customizing your dashboard, or click on “Site Home” at the top of the navigation block to search for your course.
HKCC Exam PORTAL
HKCC publishes all assessment results electronically via the Exam result portal unless the school or department has advised of other arrangements. And as long as the exam results have been published, the school must respond to your request for your information to access your results online
If you would like to access your results, and you are a current student, you can do this via the HKCC results portal. Simply select the required academic year from the down menu below the box where you enter your Student ID number.
Note: If you fail HKCC exam and a repeat exam or fail to show up for a repeat exam, you will not be eligible to progress in your HKCC programme (or graduate if in the final year). You will need to take those incomplete module exams again in the following academic year.
So, if you have not progressed to the next year of study you will be required to re-take all courses in which you have obtained less than the pass mark.
If your Exam result has not been uploaded online, contact your school to confirm when your results will be available via the portal. Students can also complete and submit coursework in Moodle portal and monitor their progress using online tests and quizzes.
To access your student account:
1. Open your web browser and type in HKCC website URL
2. Go to the student portal login page.
3. Enter your student identification number and password in the fields provided and click submit. You are now logged into your student portal account.
If you can’t access HKCC student portal due to “wrong details”, you have to click on the “Forgot Password” link and use the onscreen instruction to complete the steps.
How to Login and Check HKCC Email
The institution sends all official messages such as your exam timetable and results) to your student email, which means that it’s very easy to receive information when you need it. Fortunately, you can access your HKCC email account from any network and from anywhere in the world. You just need internet access on your device.
1. To Log into HKCC email first login to the student portal or click on this link to visit the email page on the HKCC official website.
2. Once you log in, click on “My email”.
3. Click on the Student id tab and type your Student ID number.
4. In the Password box enter your current network password.
You can log into your Moodle dashboard and get links to learning materials. Once you are logged in, you can communicate and collaborate with other students in the course forums tab. This is where all the HKCC students with active accounts discuss topics, share ideas and even feedback on each other’s work.
Once you login to your Hong Kong Community College student account you will have access to Moodle to perform a wide range of tasks such as submitting assignments and collaborating with your teachers in the learning environments to enhance your learning experience.