Moodle is a Learning Management System (LMS) that enables schools, and organizations to create an online learning environment for their students or workers. The Moodle student portal is where the students can log in and access their course materials.
It’s a free software providing a platform for e-learning and it helps the various educators to form ideas in the various courses, course structures, and curricula thus facilitating interaction with online students.
For instance, educators can create courses on the Moodle site and add students to participate in the course. You can also allow students to contribute and interact with others.
Moodle LMS Feature and Its Roles in Education
1. Moodle site has unique features that users explore on the website and the app:
2. The Moodle app is a great way to check existing course content quickly.
3. You can easily view Announcements from your instructor directly in the app and on the website
4. The Moodle Instructor allows you to create, read, and respond to threads in the Discussion Board.
5. You may view, submit and complete assignments right from home.
6. Within the Moodle app, you can easily view all of your grades. However, please note that you will not be able to see your instructor’s feedback. If your instructor provided feedback you will need to access the course on your desktop browser in order to view it.
How to Use Moodle
To use Moodle student site is simple. The Moodle site administrator can decide how students can access the site. Some educators will not allow guests and the educator gives each teacher or student a username and password before they can access the site.
However, before a student joins the Moodle site, such a student must sign up for Moodle account or the educator/administrator will add the student. Your administrator should tell you or give you a link to your Moodle site.
Moodle Student Sign Up
To let students join your courses as an educator, they need an account on your Moodle site. You can achieve this by enabling sign up so they can sign up for their own accounts on the site or you create a user account for the students yourself.
What you Will Do To Enable Moodle Sign Up
1. First, you need to go to the Moodle site and log in with your administrator account
2. Once you are on the site, click the “Site administration”.
3. Then click the Plugins tab and scroll down to “Authentication”.
4. Click on the “Manage Authentication” option.
5. Open the “eye” icon of Email-based self-registration:
6. You have to scroll down from the Self-registration field and select “Email-based self-registration”
7. After that, click the button Save changes.
How to Create a Moodle User
1. Sign in with your administrator account if you’re not already signed in.
2. Click on the “Site administration” tab and then click the “Users” tab.
4. Now, click “Add a new user”.
5. Enter your user details, using the extra help icon.
6. Click “Generate password and notify the user” If you want to send your students their new account login credentials.
7. After this click on the “Create user” button.
How to Add Student Moodle Courses
How does this work? Your students need to have accounts, so you can give them access to the course.
You can add students to the course in two different ways: By enabling the course sign up so they can add themselves and by adding them to the course yourself manually.
Method 1#. How to Enable Moodle Course Sign Up
1. First, you need to sign in as an educator or scroll the course you want to allow your students to access.
3. Once you’re in your account click “Participants” it is on the left panel.
4. Select “Enrolment methods” by clicking the cog icon on the right of the page.
5. Click to open the eye of Self enrolment.
Method 2#: How to Add Students Manually
1. Sign in to your administrator account and go to the course where you want to add students.
2. Click on the “Participants” tab.
3. Click on the “Enrol users” link.
4. Select the students you want and the role you want to assign them.
5. Then click “Enrol users”.
How to Test Moodle Student Enrollment
To know if you have successfully added a student to your course you can open up one browser as the educator and another browser as a student. Then perform some actions as the educator and find out if the students can access the course.
You can also create and add a new user Manually using a different email address, you should add this user to your course. Then just sign in with this student’s username and password. With this, you can access the Moodle portal as a student, from a different browser.
How to Login to Moodle Student Portal
To log in to the Moodle student, you will need to be on the same network as your Moodle portal. For instance, if it is on the Internet, make sure you are connected to the internet.
1. Open your web browser. Moodle supports all major internet browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.
2. Type in the website address of the Moodle portal in the browser’s address bar. Your school may have a link to click on that will direct you to the Moodle site.
3. Locate the login button on the home page.
Then, enter your user name and password.
5. If you do not find the “Login” button, click on the “You are not logged in” link at the top right of the homepage.
6. Enter your username, next, click on the Password box and enter the password given to you.
Then click the “Login” button.
Students can also log in to the Moodle site of their school through the Moodle app. The app enables you to have access to your course materials on the go.
The Moodle app works on different smartphones because of the observance to open web standards and little use of Flash. It functions on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, and Android. Thus Students can manage their Moodle courses on iOS and Android devices.
Moodle App Login for Students
To log in using Moodle App, the portal needs to have mobile access enabled so students can use the mobile app. For sites using HTTPS, mobile access is enabled by default.
If you do not have the app on your phone you need to install it first before you can login to the Moodle app portal.
You might like: Freedom of Expression and The Press Under Nigeria Law
Moodle App Download & Login
Use these steps to download and install the Blackboard app.
1. From your tablet or phone, access the appropriate app store.
2. Download to your Apple® device.
Download to your Android™ device.
3. Search for Moodle app when you visit your phone store and install the app on your mobile device.
1. Open your browser and type in the bar https://apps.moodle.com.
2. If you haven’t signed up you to register your site for free on the Moodle Apps portal.
3. Login with your Moodle LMS username and password. These are typically the same credentials you use to access your Moodle courses on a computer.
You can also use the app to search for the full name of your school. If you’re unable to find your school, try editing your search. If your school is part of a larger institution or district, try searching for that name instead. If you still can’t find your school, contact your school’s IT help desk.
I hope this post helped you?